Home and hybrid working
We do not have a central office, so you can choose to work from home or use our Upflex account to book co-working spaces near you.
We provide you with:
- The tech you need (laptop, monitor etc.)
- £500/$570 Home-working Allowance to adapt your set-up to meet your needs
- Display screen equipment (DSE) work station assessment
- Eye care vouchers for regular VDU eye tests, or equivalent
You will be hosting client meetings, presenting, delivering and pitching as part of your job. In order to represent the company in the best light, we do require that your home office meets certain standards. If this is not possible, then we require you to book a co-working space for these events.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent internet connection. Consider upgrading to Broadband Fibre if necessary (£3-£4/$4-5 per month extra; NB we do not pay for internet other than in exceptional circumstances). Consider connecting via Ethernet cable if near the router - this is always the most stable connection.
- Presentable background. It is absolutely fine to have your sofa/bookshelf etc. in the background; we aren't trying to pretend we aren't working from home. Just ensure it is tidy and not overly-cluttered. There are options to blur your background or choose a background on certain apps; be aware that these use up greater internet connection, so check that you are unaffected in advance before using these in client meetings.
- Good lighting. The key is always to have the light in front of you and never behind. Ideally sit facing a window, never have it behind you. Consider purchasing a ring-light or similar out of your home-working allowance if necessary, ensuring that it is adequate and avoids shadows.
- Ensure there is not too much noise in the background. Invest in a good pair of headphones with your home-working allowance if necessary (be wary of bluetooth headphones as these often pick-up surrounding sounds as well. Buy a pair with the option to connect with a cable to avoid this). Check-in with your line manager that your home office set-up meets these criteria.
We appreciate that wfh is not possible for everyone. When this is the case, use your Upflex subscription.
- Don’t let any family members or friends use your equipment
- Keep all documentation secure by using strong passwords and locking things away where possible